Tablet Visual Inspection With Color and 3D High-Speed: TVIS-EX3CDSource: Daiichi Jitsugyo (America), Inc.
Vision Inspection - The TVIS-EX3, our new Tablet Video Inspection System, is a high-precision, powerful vision inspection system. Based on valuable remarks and feedback from customers, Viswill implemented improvements on the TVIS-EX3, which enhances: continuous operation, operator friendliness, and cleaning efficiency.
The Tablets Visual Inspection System (TVIS-EX3-CD), our new Tablet Video Inspection System, is a high-precision, powerful vision inspection system. Based on valuable remarks and feedback from customers, Viswill implemented improvements on the TVIS-EX3, which enhances: continuous operation, operator friendliness, and cleaning efficiency.
The TVIS-EX3-CD ensures appearance quality of tablets with high accuracy using 3D inpsection, color camera inspection, simulation function and improved inspection of printing and emboss.
The newly developed 3D measurement inspection precisely captures tablet surface conditions, thereby achieving marked improvement in the inspection accuracy of emboss and chipped tablets without being affected by the tablet color and surface pattern.
- Light-section – laser slit-lighting accurately reproduced tablet surface conditions
- Tablet 3D Data – shape characteristics of tablet surfaces can be captured in 3D images and enabling high-speed, high-precision detection of defective engraving marks and chipped tablets
- Comparing with Conventional Ring Lighting – characteristics of emboss and chipped tablets can be easily captured without being affected by tablet color and surface pattern
Color Camera Inspection
Viswill’s unique color filtering method is suitable for detecting subtle color differences. The 3CCD color cameras with highly precise color resolution readily detect color defects based on the accurate feature extraction.
Enhancement in User-Friendly Analysis of Tablet Information
- Confirmation of tablet information, image, waveform and data on the screen
- Confirmation of the status of the tablet transfer condition at each area
Enhancement Of Visual Inspection Precision
The unique round-belt suction transfer mechanism firmly fixes tablets on the belt while keeping the tablets intact and the latest image processing technology enables detection of a 50 um square or larger black speck on tablets.
A newly developed algorithm has further improved the detection of defective tables such as those listed below.
- Defects due to hair or fibers of 50 um or less
- Defects due to dirt or foreign matter on mottled tablets
- Minute chips on the bottom of tablets with printed marks on one side
- Minute Chips on the edge of tablets
Enhancement Of Precision Inspection With Optional Dedicated Cameras
Optional cameras for the face and bottom may be added to enable recognition and inspection of embossing and scores. The precision of inspecting defective roughness (chips, blotches, peeled coating, etc.) on the face and bottom will be noticeably improved by using this ring illumination system.