Manual: Baumann 85000 Sanitary Pinch ValveSource: Emerson Process Management
Baumann 85000 sanitary pinch valves are intended for use with up to 3/4 inch O.D. pharmaceutical grade tubing. They are designed to couple FIELDVUE™ digital valve controller intelligence with a linear actuator and tube shell.
The 85000 is designed for use in both biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries, where cleanliness and sterility are required. The primary use is for disposable skid-based processes, replacing traditional manually operated valves. Automated valves offer consistent quality, better record keeping, and improved batch control.
Lab testing resulted in a max capacity of 6.5 Cv achieved with standard pharmaceutical grade tubing.
Features and Benefits
- Characterization of the Fisher® FIELDVUE digital valve controller provides an installed equal percent flow characteristic for precision control
- The 85000 has no physical contact with the process fluid, due to the use of disposable tubing
- Tube shell design of the 85000 allows for easy changeout of disposable tubing while providing stability during service
- Fail-close configuration
- Compact and light weight design
- Epoxy powder-coated actuator with SST fasteners for maximum corrosion resist