Delivering Biologics With A Difference
Thursday June 5, 2014 at 11:00 AM EDT
As the biologics market continues to grow with additional launches, expanding indications, and approvals of biosimilars, the delivery platform will play a more critical role in product differentiation. In addition, today’s clinical guidelines call for increased safety and simplicity in medication delivery. Market data demonstrates that delivery which provides convenience, from dose preparation to administration, can build clinician preference.
Due to complexity relating to heat-intolerance, biologics requiring intravenous dosing are typically reconstituted just prior to use. Aseptic-filling is a method which does not involve the use of heat for sterilization, and is a proven sterilization approach for commercial scale filling of biologics and other heat-sensitive molecules.
Key Learning Objectives
- Learn about the possibility of delivering intravenous-dosed biologics in an aseptically-filled intravenous bag
- Increase your understanding of the business drivers and potential value added with this strategy
- Increase awareness for the timeline required and ideal lifecycle timing to implement
Who Should Attend
- R&D/Formulation Developers
- Product Marketing / Brand Strategy Planners
- New Product Planners
- Mature Brand Planners