Digital Refractometers: Abbemat Performance and Performance Plus LineSource: Anton Paar USA
The refractometers of the Performance line provide reliable results for routine applications at either 4 or 5 digits accuracy. Their sturdy design and straightforward operation make the Performance line refractometers true laboratory workhorses.
The refractometers of the Performance line are designed for routine analyses and quality control, ranging from checks on incoming raw materials to intermediate and final products. You can select from industry-specific sets of scales. Their sturdy design and straightforward operation make the Abbemat 300/500 true laboratory workhorses. The heart of the refractometer, the prism, is scratch-proof, easy to clean and mounted in a stainless steel sample well. You can’t afford to lose time due to malfunctions or difficult handling. For this reason, the built-in color LCD screen and membrane keys are resistant to spillage and dirt. You can operate the refractometer even when wearing gloves. Alternatively, you can control Abbemat 300/500 via an external PC with the Abbemat PC software. Abbemat 300/500 refractometers warn you if the sample volume is not large enough for a valid measurement or the prism needs extra cleaning.
The refractometers of the Performance Plus line are designed for research and development as well as demanding quality control applications. Abbemat 350 and Abbemat 550 have the same accuracies and features as the refractometers of the Performance line and extra features for your convenience.
Save time when defining individual settings or changing from one method to another: Abbemat 350/550 refractometers are set up conveniently using intuitive touchscreen navigation. Numerous predifined methods, method management as well as user-defineable methods and scales make the Performance Plus line fit to undertake every measuring task. You can download the instruction manual from the Abbemat 350/550’s memory so it is always at hand.
- Abbemat 350/550 refractometers are set up conveniently using intuitive touchscreen navigation
- Abbemat 300/500 have a color LCD screen and membrane keys which are resistant to spillage and dirt and can be operated even when wearing gloves
- A reminder for test measurements or adjustments can be set at user-defined intervals
- Automatic warning if the sample volume is not large enough for a valid measurement
- No sample preparation, readings within seconds
- A quick wipe cleans the prism after each measurement
Compliance and traceability
- Full compliance with 21 CFR Part 11
- Compliant with international standards such as ASTM, ICUMSA, OIML, AOAC, DIN/ISO, FDA, ISI, JIS and pharmacopoeias
- History and current status of results via the result memory
- Adjustment and check history, check intervals and validity checks for each measurement
For all samples
Independent of sample properties you can measure:
- all samples from liquids to pastes, polymers to solids
- turbid, colored or opaque samples
- liquids containing air bubbles or solid particles
- No influence from humidity, temperature or vibrations
- A wide range of scales are stored in the Abbemat for converting refractive index into concentrations, etc.