Energy Efficient Tips For Compressed Air Preparation & Energy Monitoring
Energy-efficient pneumatic applications can be implemented only with high-quality compressed air in accordance with ISO 8573.1:2010. That is why the question about various parameters is absolutely necessary. The following issues should be clarified for the design of decentralized compressed air preparation:
- How high is the maximum required flow rate?
- Port size?
- Do all consumers require the same compressed air quality?
- What compressed air quality is provided by the compressor?
- Switch off the air supply whenever possible, for example during production downtimes, at the end of shifts and during breaks etc.
- Use pressure boosters whenever a high pressure level is required at certain points in the system.
- Thoroughly check the application of filters, since each filter stage reduces the flow rate and increases the pressure drop. Motto: “as much as necessary, as little as possible”.
- The timely replacement of filter elements in the service units prevents unnecessary flow resistances.
- Use multiple distributors instead of stringing T branches together. The pressure drop with in-line T-connectors is higher than in a multiple distributor.
- Decentralized compressed air preparation directly at the system reduces the danger of contamination to the components. Moisture, contamination and oil have a negative effect on seals and the initial lubrication of components.
- Appropriate tubing material for the environment prevents chemical, physical and microbial damage.
- Cut tubing to length only with appropriate tools.
- Fittings with modern sealing rings and support function ensure tight and re-usable screw connections.
- Monitor all air consumption. Counter measures can only be taken if you know how much compressed air is used.
- The correct sizing of the length and diameter of tubes reduces the pressure drop and the volume of pressurized and exhaust air.
Compressed air preparation and energy monitoring – Tools
Extraordinary ambient conditions? Festo tubing and fittings are perfectly suitable for all types of situations. The correct product is always available if the parameters are known – whether hydrolysis resistant, flame-retardant, heatproof, antistatic or suitable for use in the food industry.
Various selection options are available for the definition of tubing and fittings:
- Area of application
- Physical properties
- Cleaning agents
Typical selection options
- Industry-specific condition: The correct tubing/fitting combination is always available, depending on the requirements. However, standard components can also be used when production takes place far from the actual danger point.
- Area of application: Industry-specific conditions The correct tubing/fitting combination is always available, depending on the requirements. However, standard components can also be used when production takes place far from the actual danger point.