EnteriCare Enteric Softgels DatasheetSource: Patheon Inc.
Delayed release delivery of compounds directly to the small intestine, by-passing the acidic stomach environment. This anti-reflux drug delivery platform reduces gastric irritation, increasing the likelihood of compliance. Pharmaceutical and nutritional formulations.
Key Dosage Form Characteristics
- Easy to swallow compared to coated enteric forms
- May reduce reflux and gastric irritation, increasing the likelihood of compliance and repeat sales
- Delayed-release delivery dosage form
- Dissolution occurs in the small intestine rather than in the acidic environment of the stomach
- Suitable for delivery of acidlabile molecules
- Patent pending technology
- Enteric properties are built into the uncoated gelatin shell