PureTemp - Phase Change Materials (PCMs)Source: ThermoSafe, Sonoco Protective Solutions
The industry’s only USDA Bio Preferred phase change material. ThermoPhase powered by PureTemp bio-based PCMs are non-hazardous, 100 percent renewable and environmentally-friendly. Even after thousands of thermal cycles, tests show PureTemp experiences no thermal degradation.
With ThermoPhase™ powered by PureTemp™, the materials used to keep your product safe also keeps our environment safe.
ThermoPhase powered by PureTemp is a patented, proprietary formulation of natural vegetable-based phase change materials (PCMs) for use in various temperature-control applications throughout the world, including pharmaceuticals, biologics, and clinical trials.
Most PCMs today are chemical formulations derived from petroleum products, salts, or water. These types of PCMs are limited in temperature range options, containment methods, thermal cycles, and latent heat capacities.
ThermoSafe Brands is the exclusive worldwide distributor of ThermoPhase PCMs within the Life Sciences marketplace. PureTemp was submitted to and tested by the USDA and received their BioPreferredSM designation in the Heat Transfer Fluid category. This approval required rigorous testing including independent laboratory, life-cycle, and BEES analysis.
• Non-Hazardous, 100% environmentally friendly
• USDA Bio-PreferredSM designation
• Ability to withstand multiple thermal cycles without performance degradation
• Reduced shipping weight, freight, warehouse space, and packout space
TIGHTER TEMPERATURE CONTROL
• Extensive range of temperature options
• Constant temperature during freezing or melting
• Eliminates thermal shock with fewer excursions
• Ships to more remote locations
TOTAL COST CONTROL
• Increased payload efficiency
• Reduced shipping weight and freight costs
• Simplified packout inventory and process
• Decreased box size for less warehouse and packout space
• Reduced equilibration time
• Increased shipping duration