Refractive Index Measurement: Abbemat Heavy Duty LineSource: Anton Paar USA
The Abbemat Refractometers from the Heavy Duty line are designed for measuring the refractive index in harsh environments and for special applications.
All Abbemat Heavy Duty refractometers are designed to withstand rough conditions they have a hermetically sealed stainless steel casing and are controlled by an external PC. This can be placed away from the workbench in another part of the laboratory. The Abbemat can be placed on its side to prevent sedimentation and disturbance affecting the results.
All Abbemat Heavy Duty refractometers provide full compliance with 21 CFR Part 11, with user levels, audit trail, and forgery-proof data export. Anton Paar also provides a qualification documentation package (IQ/OQ/PQ).
Why measure the refractive index?
The refractive index of a pure material is a physical property and can be used to identify and characterize materials. The refractive index measurement is easy, fast, non-destructive and independent of viscosity.
The refractive index of a dissolved substance in a solvent correlates with its concentration. Even quality control of multi-compound mixtures of a given mixing ratio can be undertaken by means of a refractive index measurement. Therefore a wide range of scales as well as a wide range of QC applications can be derived from this measuring technology.
Features & Benefits:
- Refractive index resolution of 0.000001 nD
- Accuracy of 0.00002 (ABBEMAT® HP) or 0.00004 nD (Abbemat® WR)
- Superior measuring principle (reflection measurement), no influence of color and turbidity
- Fast thermoelectric sample thermostatting
- Accurate temperature measurement (±0.03 °C) by PT-1000 temperature sensor
- Prism material is YAG (Yttrium-Aluminum-Garnet), close to diamond-hardness
- Waterproof stainless steel housing resistant against most chemicals
- Temperature-stabilized optical system, independent of measuring and ambient temperatures
- LED light source, average life time of 100,000 h
- Optional accessories, e.g. flow cells for high sample throughput
- PC operated system allows application-relevant settings
- 21 CFR PART 11 compliance