Checker Vision SensorsSource: Cognex Corporation
Looking for the easiest, most affordable way to error-proof your manufacturing process?
The original Checker® vision sensor defined the category, taking the best attributes of photoelectric sensors and adding so much more for manufacturers and machine builders. Today, Checker has a complete product family—spanning from lower-resolution, extremely fast sensors to high-resolution models.
What Checker Is
The Checker vision sensor is an award-winning, all-in-one vision sensor with built-in camera, processor, lighting, optics, and I/O capable of detecting and inspecting up to 6,000 parts per minute—all in an industrial IP67 enclosure small enough to fit into the tightest of spaces.
How Checker Works
Checker detects a part by finding an actual part feature, such as the apple graphic on top of a juice box. This provides extremely reliable part detection, unattainable with photoelectric sensors. The optional SensorView® 2 display lets users see exactly what’s being inspected, as well as production statistics, right on the factory floor with no PC required!
- Inspects features that other sensors cannot.
- Because Checker understands what it sees, it can inspect features that other sensors can’t, such as a code printed on a label.
- Inspects multiple part features simultaneously. There’s no limit to the number of part features you can inspect with a single Checker!
- Overcomes varying part positions.
- Parts on a line typically vary in position, and Checker tracks all of them without requiring precise part handling.