Biodecontamination Closed Loop System: VHP® M100Source: STERIS Corporation
STERIS' VHP® M100 Biodecontamination Systems: Closed Loop provide a flexible, safe, environmentally friendly method of decontamination to small, sealed enclosures. It is the proven technology of vaporized hydrogen peroxide biodecontamination for a variety of appications.
STERIS' VHP® M100 Biodecontamination Systems: Closed Loop provide a flexible, safe, environmentally friendly method of decontamination to small, sealed enclosures. The VHP M100 Small Volume Biodecontamination System is a hydrogen peroxide vapor generator for biodecontamination of clean, dry, sealed enclosures used in medical and biological laboratories. The VHP M100 Biodecontamination System is equally efficient in either closed- or open-loop configurations.
The VHP M100 Biodecontamination System is designed for biodecontamination of clean, dry surfaces in and permanent mounting to sealed Enclosures. The Biodecontamination System can operate independently as a stand-alone machine but may also be operated through interface to external equipment. This interface provides many options, including data communication via communication protocols as well as discrete I/O interfacing.
STERIS VHP M100 Biodecontamination System utilizes Vaprox® Sterilant as a means of achieving dry, low temperature sterilization within sealed enclosures such as isolators and glove boxes. The dry, gaseous process consists of four distinct phases:
- Dehumidification - Humidity is removed from the enclosure via an integrated desiccant system.
- Conditioning - Vaprox is rapidly injected and converted into a dry vapor that quickly raises the level of hydrogen peroxide to an effective concentration.
- Biodecontamination - Hydrogen peroxide vapor concentrations are maintained to provide an effective kill of micro-organisms in the enclosure.
- Aeration - The generator stops injecting Vaprox and accelerates the breakdown of vapor
- Biological safety cabinets
- Glove boxes
- CO2 incubators
- Pass-through chambers
- Aseptic Filling
- Productivity - Provides rapid biodecontamination for small enclosures up to 70ft3.
- Flexibility - Unit can be mobile or integrated into an isolator or biosafety cabinet.
- Easy to Validate - GAMP Compliant.
- Efficacy - The gaseous decontamination process is effective against a wide variety of microorganisms and has a broad range of material compatibility.
- Green - Provides a non-toxic and environmentally friendly alternative to other decontamination processes. Vaporized Hydrogen Peroxide breaks down to water vapor and Oxygen.
- Modular unit can be conveniently integrated into isolator or biosafety cabinet
- AISI 304 Stainless steel enclosure wall and access door construction
- Easy access design for daily operation, service, and maintenance
- Now available in mobile configuration for multiple-site biodecontamincation applications requiring PLC features
- PLC control permits interfacing with existing equipment
- Custom biodecontamincation cycles
- Custom cycle parameter selection
- Cycle alarms for all cycle parameters
- Security access codes
- Help screen
- Battery backup protects cycle memory
- GAMP software documentation packages available