Capsugel has emerged as a global leader creating innovative dosage forms for the pharmaceutical and dietary supplements industries. Companies look to our leadership to help them formulate new products, enhance existing product lines, bring new products to market faster, and ensure their clinical trials are conducted without bias.
Capsugel is a worldwide business. With more than ten global locations, drug companies around the world rely on Capsugel brand capsules. Our client list includes the major multinational pharmaceutical companies and regional manufacturers worldwide. The features of our Coni-Snap Capsules have made it the world's most widely used brand.
Capsugel Featured Products
- Coni-Snap® capsules are the world's most popular brand of two-piece gelatin capsules.
- Press-Fit® & Xpress-Fit™ gelcaps are two-piece gelcaps that can easily be manufactured in-house without prohibitive investment.
- Vcaps® Plus HPMC Capsules capsules are two-piece capsules formulated with HPMC, satisfying vegetarian and cultural needs.
- Ultra 8® II capsule filling machine offers high throughput, with processing speeds ranging up to 33,000 capsules per hour.
- Cap 8® capsule filling machine is a low-maintenance and cost-effective filling machine that offers semi-automatic operation and reliable performance.
- CFS 1200 liquid capsule filling and sealing machine is designed to allow formulation scientists to better exploit the potential of lipid-based formulations for poorly soluble compounds. To see how this system operates watch the CFS 1200 video.
Dietary Supplement Applications
Capsules are the dosage form of choice for dietary supplements. Many supplements utilize natural herbal ingredients that are difficult to compress into a tablet. Capsules provide a proven, safe and cost-effective dosage form. The natural color Coni-Snap Capsule is widely used in dietary supplement applications. A growing trend is the use of Vcaps, a capsule of plant origin. Vcaps allow consumers to enjoy these products without compromising such lifestyle choices as religious or vegetarian preferences.
Capsules provide "precision packaging" for small, delicate, and/or light sensitive products. Safe and environmentally-friendly, the capsule shell provides a versatile and inexpensive way to package precise quantities of solids, semi-solids, or liquids.
Our product development teams are excited to work with you on new application possibilities for capsule products. Contact us for additional information.
Click Here To Download:
•Video: ProFill 3007 Capsule Filling System
•Video: ProFill 100 Capsule Filling System
•Video: CFS 1200™ Liquid Capsule Filling and Sealing Machine
•Video: Xcelodose® S Precision Powder Micro-Dosing System
Capsugel Showcases the Xcelolab At INTERPHEX 2012
Capsugel’s Missy Lowery discusses the applications for the new Xcelolab. The Xcelolab powder dispenser is a significant addition to Capsugel’s Xcelodose® precision powder dosing system range. It is specifically designed to enable laboratories to do accurate, closed loop, weight dispensing – difficult, and potentially inaccurate, manually or other laboratory methods.
Click to see what was new with Capsugel - At INTERPHEX New York 2010
Capsugel - At INTERPHEX New York 2010, Mike Sarmento and Steve Stokes from Capsugel introduce Xcelolab, the newest edition to the highly successful Xcelodose technology line. Xcelolab fills a variety of doses including capsugels, Coni-Snap capsules, HPMC capsules, syringes, cassettes, cartridges, and a variety of viles. This extension to the Xcelodose 600 series allows R&D scientists the ability to do pre-formulation work, analytical development, and method development prior to going to a higher series line for clinical manufacturing.