Milling is a common operation throughout the pharmaceutical manufacturing process. Sizing of powders is a dusty operation and with more potent powders being processed, the need for containing this operation becomes even more critical from safety and cross contamination avoidance purposes.
In addition to contained powder throughput, it is imperative that access to the interior of the mill be made available without breaking containment in case the screen blinds, for changing to a different mesh, impeller change, maintenance, or cleaning. A variety of types of mills have been contained by ILC Dover using Flexible Containment Technology. These include Jet Mills, Micronizers, Cone Mills, Pin Mills, and Comminuters.
- Nanogram containment levels achieved
- Validated Technology
- Clear Film
- Flexible materials
- Single-use components
- Retrofit to existing mills
- Supports visibility for maintenance
- Does not affect ATEX and EX ratings
- Ergonomics maximized
- Reduced cleaning and cleaning validation
- Low capital and operating cost
- Speed of implementation