While solid dosage forms have historically been the most popular format in the pharmaceutical industry, liquid drugs are currently enjoying the strongest growth, taking up an increasingly large share. The high growth is mainly due to the increasing importance of biologics and cancer drugs, which are typically packaged in vials or ampules.
A rising demand for high production output combined with pressure to speed-up the time-to-market is a challenge for the industry. Manufacturers must meet these goals without compromising on quality but still satisfying regulatory compliance requirements. As a result, there is a need for effective product inspection solutions throughout the production and packaging process.
Within this guide, you'll find solutions to five key challenges of quality assurance and information to help you identify which product inspection products can best support your application. The key challenges we discuss are:
- Fill level control: How to attain increased accuracy at higher speeds
- Completeness check: How to verify that leaflets are inserted in every package
- Serialization: How to serialize small bottles, vials or ampules effectively
- Aggregation: How to effectively aggregate to improve supply chain traceability
- Software solutions: How software actively supports quality assurance