The ISBM technology is the modern manufacturing trend for LVP solutions, both for irrigationd and infusion, either in round or shaped polypropylene (PP) containers.
GF can manufacture and supply complete processing lines for both IV plastic bottles and bags. The polymer granules are first molded into a so-called “preform” using an injection molding process.
The preform includes the neck of the future bottle, complete with the desired finish and ready for the closure application (welded caps, screw caps, stropper plus aluminum seals).
Preforms are then stretched and blown to the final shape of the container, which can be a fully collapsible bottle/bag, or rigid.
Shaped containers are finally moved to the filling and closing monobloc machine for further conditioning.
- Full neck handling process, for bottles contactless transportation
- Low cost for molding tools
- Cost savings due to zero material waste
- Lower energy consumption
- Production of recyclable packaging components
- High level of containers transparency, which makes them more suitable for automatic inspection
- Final sterilization process in autoclave at 121°C
- Simple operation, quick changeovers, and low maintenance
- Flexibility over a wide range of filling volumes and containers shapes, from 50 up to 1.000 ml
- High production rates and line efficiency