Designed for a wide variety of food applications, NextGuard systems offer enhanced capabilities to inspect packaged products for missing pieces or components, under and over-fills, and other quality problems with easily customizable vision software.
Find metallic and non-metallic foreign objects and eliminate "wet" product effects common with metal detectors with the Thermo Scientific™ NextGuard™ X-ray Detection Systems. Designed for a wide variety of food applications, NextGuard systems offer enhanced capabilities to inspect packaged products for missing pieces or components, under and over-fills, and other quality problems with easily customizable vision software. Both the Conveyor and C500 models are easy-to-use, cost effective and thoughtfully designed systems that eliminate common barriers when migrating from metal detection to x-ray inspection.
New and improved NextGuard X-ray Detection System Features:
- Product verification software option allows users to execute a wide range of size, position and count inspections.
- Additional algorithms target the detection of less dense contaminants such as glass or rocks in complex, textured products such as nuts or tea bag boxes.
- Optional mass estimation software uses the density information in the X-ray image to estimate weight and detect under/over filled products.
- Configurable for dual rejection, separating contaminated products from other quality errors.
- Standard system processor is now six times faster than the first generation NextGuard system, supporting high-speed contaminant detection and inspection as well as improved user responsiveness.
- Optional 0.4mm-pixel detector offers 3.2 times better resolution for improved metal detection in lightweight, homogeneous products such as powders or cheese.
- Compact size for easy installation and use
- Unique non-linear detector to eliminate inspection blind spots
- Removable conveyor for simple directional change and maintenance
- Intuitive Thermo Scientific™ VersaWeigh™ user interface and software
- Modular design for high reliability and quick diagnosis and repair
- Source and detector lifetime indicators to minimize expensive downtime
- Built-in remote monitoring for quick problem determination