To meet the needs of regional manufacturers, PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, will bring PACK EXPO East (March 3-5, 2020; Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia) to the City of Brotherly Love. This represents the fourth iteration of the trade show that brings world-class packaging solutions to roughly one-third of the nation’s top CPGs located within 200 miles or less of Philadelphia.
PACK EXPO East will unite over 400 exhibitors and more than 7,000 industry professionals spanning its 100,000 net square feet of exhibit space. Attendees and exhibitors can expect to address challenges driving the food, beverage, cannabis, cosmetics, pharmaceutical, personal care, medical device, industrial and household chemical, and other packaged goods industries. The show will be a resource for solutions and insights to improve the sustainability, efficiency, productivity and security of the manufacturing supply chain.
PACK EXPO East’s variety of educational opportunities and targeted features will guide attendees to the suppliers and information they need:
- The Forum at PACK EXPO: The Forum (Booth 1430) will feature 45-minute open sessions on the latest industry trends by the OpX Leadership Network, Institute of Packaging Professionals, Contract Packagers Association and PMMI Business Intelligence followed by small group breakout sessions and Q&A sessions.
- The Innovation Stage: The Innovation Stage (Booth 1029) will feature free, 30-minute educational sessions by exhibitors, offering ample opportunity for attendees to learn about breakthrough technologies, innovative applications and proven approaches from the experts first-hand.
- Packaging & Processing Women’s Leadership Network (PPWLN) Breakfast: PACK EXPO East will convene the PPWLN on Wednesday, March 4, 2020, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in room 119AB at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Keynote speakers will address the “power of parity” and how to fast-track gender equality through investment strategies. RSVP (required) here.
- Connect with Future Leaders: PACK EXPO East provides programs and activities aimed at getting students excited about careers in packaging.
- CareerLink LIVE
CareerLink LIVE, PMMI’s online job board, provides an opportunity for PMMI members and consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies to meet with students and veterans pursuing careers in packaging and processing during one-on-one informational interviews. Interviews will take place at the show on Wednesday, March 4, from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. EST in Room 120A.
- Future Innovators Robotics Showcase
Robotics teams from Philadelphia-area high schools bring in robots they have designed and built themselves and show them in action.
- Tuesday and Wednesday, March 3-4; 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 5; 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at
- Located at the end of aisle 700
- The Workforce Development Pavilion: Attendees can visit this one-stop-shop for resources to strengthen and grow the manufacturing workforce. PMMI is also offering popular PMMI U training workshops at PACK EXPO East including:
- Certified Trainer Workshop – March 3-4, 2020: PMMI’s Certified Trainer Workshops will equip your company with strategies and tactics to train across all employee skill levels. Located in room 116 from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Fundamentals of Field Service – March 3-4, 2020: This two-day workshop explores non-technical knowledge and skills needed to be a great technician. Topics include: Customer Service, Troubleshooting, Environmental Issues, Safety, Training and Service Call Follow Up. Located in room 115A from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Contract Packaging Sourcing Center: Hosted by CPA, The Association for Contract Packagers and Manufacturers, this show floor resource will help visitors address their contract packaging needs and offer solutions to their most challenging problems.
- Tools to Enhance Your Show Experience: Navigate the show like a pro with the free PACK EXPO East Mobile App as well as My Show Planner.
Explore just a few of the innovations you can expect to see on the show floor:
Pharmaceutical End-of-Line Packaging Technology in New Modular Design
Debuting its new packaging technology, Pester Pac Automation (Booth #400) will highlight its Stretchwrapper PEWO-pack 25 at PACK EXPO East. The updated machine is space-saving and modular, featuring an ergonomic balcony style design as well as high-speed with up to 60 cycles per minute and fast, tool-less format changeover of three minutes. Safety doors offer a soft-close function, the wrapper is also durable with antistatic and scratch-resistant qualities. Its visible control section with LED lightning enables easy visual inspections of electrical components.
Cleaning Solution Line Prevents Contamination Issues
At PACK EXPO East, Y-pers, Inc. (Booth #2021) will spotlight its cotton and paper disposable line of wipes, rags and low lint solutions that are designed to prevent contamination stemming from residual lint and foreign debris accumulated during machine maintenance. The products are tear-resistant to withstand tough conditions without ripping on sharp pieces of machinery even when wet for maximum efficiency in cleaning.
E-commerce Packaging Solution Minimizes Misplaced Product Errors
Unique to other E-commerce packaging solutions, the 3322 E-commerce Machine by Texwrap (Booth #1408) offers a proprietary product tracking feature that helps prevent errors relating to product that is removed or misplaced from a line. Unlike technologies that rely on manual error detection, the 3322 uses a series of photo eye tracking and verifications to reduce errors. Its system of verifications helps prevent errors by alerting the operator when there is a discrepancy. After a product is detected by the initial photo eye, the system recognizes the product position is incorrect and subsequently alarms and haults the system. This prevents the wrong labels from being applied to all the subsequent packages.
Moisture Sensors Provide Continuous, Reliable Readings with Zero Maintenance
MoistTech Corp. (Booth #2208) will showcase its moisture sensor technology that measures moisture, oil and fat contents as well as the thickness or coat weight of coatings, hot melts, glues, adhesives and more. The technology utilizes Near-Infrared (NIR) technology for moisture measurement and real-time moisture process control for numerous applications. Insensitive to material variations such as particle size, material height and color, the moisture sensors provide continuous, reliable readings with zero maintenance and a one-time calibration. This allows operations personnel to confidently make immediate process adjustments based on real-time measurements.
Register for PACK EXPO East today at www.packexpoeast.com. Registration is $30 through Feb. 7 after which the price increases to $100. For more information and to register online, visit www.packexpoeast.com. For resources pertaining to specific vertical industries, click here (https://www.packexpoeast.com/my-industry).