The biogas market is booming. No wonder, as the gas obtained from fermentation of energy crops, organic waste, liquid manure, sewage sludge or leftover plant materials can be used in a variety of beneficial ways – including fueling vehicles or generating heat and electricity in combined heat and power plants.
For biogas plants to work properly, various process parameters have to be monitored around the clock: gas composition, pressure, temperature, and above all the produced gas quantity. Prosonic Flow B 200 is an industry-optimized ultrasonic flowmeter that measures the volume flow of biogas, landfill or digester gas reliably and with high accuracy, even under greatly fluctuating operating conditions.
Proline: Simply Clever
Demands made on process monitoring are becoming more complex and the need for maximum product quality is continually increasing. This is why Endress+Hauser continues to offer flow measuring technology that provides industry-optimized solutions for future requirements.
The new generation of our Proline flowmeters is based on a uniform device concept. For you, this means time and cost savings, as well as maximum safety over the entire life cycle of your plant.
Ultrasonic flow measuring system for accurate, reliable biogas measurement under variable process conditions
The measuring device delivers accurate, reliable biogas measurements, even at low process pressures. Optional real-time measurement of the biogas methane fraction further optimizes process performance.
Sizing - correct product selection
Applicator- the reliable, easy-to-use tool for selecting and sizing measuring devices for every application
Installation - simple and efficient
- Short inlet and outlet runs
- Reduced wiring effort due to two-wire technology
Commissioning - reliable and intuitive
- Seamless system integration
- Guided parameterization - "Make-it-run" wizards
Operation - increased measurement availability
- Simultaneous measurement of volume flow and, optionally, methane fraction and temperature (multivariable)
- No pressure loss
- Diagnostic capability
- HistoROM: automatic data backup
Life Cycle Management (W@M) for your plant
Field of Application
- The innovative, industry-optimized measuring device for biogas, digester gas and landfill gas
- Reliable biogas measurement without any restrictions: can be used with wet gas, variable gas compositions, low process pressures and low flow velocities.
- Medium temperature: 0 to 80 °C (32 to 176 °F)
- Process pressure: max. 10 bar (145 psi)
– Volume flow: ±1.5 % o.r.
– Methane: ±2 % abs. (optional)
- Nominal diameter: DN 50 to 200 (2 to 8")
- Stainless steel sensor (1.4404/316L or 1.4435/316L)
- Aluminum or stainless steel field housing
- Communication via HART protocol
- Available with pressure equipment directive approval (PED)
- Ex approvals accepted worldwide: ATEX, IECEx, CCSAUS