Our SLURIPREP media management products bring greater consistency and safety to the slurry preparation process – allowing operators to lean on high-quality technology to complete otherwise labor-intensive tasks. From media receptable to DAC column and back again, the System and Mixer can achieve and maintain a homogenous slurry mixture ideal for purification column packing.
Our SLURIPREP Systems (SPS), ranging from 100 to 600 L, are specifically engineered to facilitate slurry, de-fining, and charging of chromatography media. These closed mixing units easily integrate with your large diameter DAC LC Column, ensuring reproducible and consistent packing experiences of media across various particle sizes, batch after batch.
The SPS features a multi-function design that enables mixing, de-fining, recirculation, and charging into DAC LC Columns. What sets it apart is its fully non-electrical configuration, allowing seamless installation in hazardous areas without the need for additional costs associated with electrical protection or controls validation. The SPS is compatible with Flash, MPLC, and HPLC DAC Columns, and it comes with a comprehensive set of standard components:
- Electropolished 316L SS mixing vessel
- Pneumatic control panel and liquid control panel for manual operation
- Agitator with speed control
- Sidewall sight glass for monitoring slurry level
- Integral decanting dip tube for de-fining
- Slurry transfer pump with speed control
- De-fine, Reslurry, Recirculate and Charge modes
- ASME code stamp (for US installations)
- CE Pressure Equipment Directive compliant (for EU installations)
Simplify Your Slurry Preparation
As you scale up your processes to larger column diameters, successfully packing media for commercial manufacturing becomes increasingly critical. Our SLURIPREP System is engineered to manage a wide range of chromatography media, including silica gel, polystyrene-divinylbenzene, polymethacrylate, agarose, and hydroxyapatite, each with unique packing properties. With sizes starting from 100 L and customized options up to 1000 L, Asahi Kasei Bioprocess can accommodate nearly any media preparation requirement.
Prepare for Column Packing in 7 Easy Steps
- Fill SPS vessel as recommended by media manufacturer.
- Add media from supplier's containers, manually or with SLURIPREP Mixer.
- Gently mix media into a slurry using the agitator.
- Allow media to settle briefly for de-fining.
- Decant fines from the supernatant and repeat steps 4/5 as necessary.
- Add more slurry buffer and recirculate to re-slurry media.
- Connect to your empty column and charge the slurry using the slurry transfer pump.
Documentation, Support, and Warranty
We understand the importance of compliance and support in your bioprocessing endeavors. That's why all our SLURIPREP products come with a comprehensive GMP documentation package, including a user manual, pressure test certificate, spare parts list, material certificates, and more.
Asahi Kasei Bioprocess provides a reliable technical support network globally, offering extendable 1-year warranties, service contracts, and personalized support to ensure your peace of mind and timely assistance when you need it.
|Vessel Working Volume
|Suitable ADK DAC LC Column Pairing (i.d. x L, cm
|30 x 70, 35 x 50, 35 x 70, 40 x 50, 40 x 70, 45 x 50
|40 x 70, 50 x 50, 50 x 70, 60 x 50
|60 x 70, 80 x 50, 80 x 70
|80 x 70, 100 x 50, 100 x 70, 120 x 50
*Note: Customized volumes and configurations are available upon request.
Created as a complement to our full-size System – with the ability to run directly from the SPS pumps, or via a standalone pump cart – the SLURIPREP Mixer (SPM), is our latest innovation developed with the operator in mind to further simplify the media preparation process.
The Mixer is a handheld device purpose-built to begin media homogenization directly in your supplier’s containers, even prior to moving the slurry to the SPS and the LC column. Employing the SPM dramatically improves efficiency by removing the manual steps in the process and increases overall safety by reducing exposure to the media itself.
Designed for Flexibility
The SLURIPREP Mixer has purposely been given a minimalist, functional design so it can be easily deployed in an already-established bioprocessing line – or in a new facility. It is handheld and ergonomic – able to be comfortably used to mix as much media as necessary for any given purification process. In a facility with an existing SLURIPREP System, the Mixer can easily be added and run off the same pumps. In the absence of an SPS, the Mixer can be paired with a dedicated pump cart to facilitate blending. Ideally, both are used in concert to optimize production efficiency and slurry homogeneity.
Initiate Slurry Preparation in 7 Easy Steps
- Use 3-Way valves on the operating panel to select a flow path.
- Turn on instrument air pressure.
- Set the pressure control valve to the desired pump speed (pressure).
- Place SLURIPREP Mixer in desired container or vessel that requires product movement or mixing.
- Hold down trigger on SLURIPREP Mixer to activate pump for desired mixing or product transfer time.
- Release trigger to turn off pump.
Turn off air pressure after use.