By Dwayne E. Carter, PhD, Molecular Devices
Synthetic biology is a rapidly growing field that uses engineering principles to design and build new biological systems. This field has the potential to produce a wide range of sustainable products, however, the current demand is revealing workflow challenges. The synthetic biology workflows are labor-intensive, time-consuming, and prone to human error which causes a manufacturing bottleneck.
Learn more about the challenges of synthetic biology workflow and how automation is assisting manufacturers in accelerate the pace of research, throughput and walkaway time. Topics covered include:
- Manual picking to automated picking using a high-throughput colony picker
- Integrate lab devices for a fully automated molecular cloning workflow
- Reducing cross-contamination
- Versatility for colony screening
- Data management in synthetic biology workflows