A new solution to heat transfer - Thermo Scientific™ DHX Heat Exchanger
The Thermo Scientific™ DHX™ Heat Exchanger is a modular system that employs a plate-and-frame concept, using a single-use BioProcess Container (BPC) as the sterile fluid path. The BPCs fit tightly between five dimpled, stainless-steel plates efficiently transferring heat in a counter-current flow path. The system provides efficient, sterile heat transfer that easily integrates into any new or existing process.
Key features and benefits
- Completely isolated flow paths for process and heat transfer fluid
- Counter-current, serpentine flow patterns
- Dimpled jacketing on the plates provides turbulent flow
- BPCs fill in place with no operator interaction
- Modular design and small overall footprint allows for changing process needs
- Reduced infrastructure requirements
- Reduced processing time
- Improved product consistency
Sterile fluid path for process fluid
Each single-use DHX BPC fits tightly between the stainless-steel plate assembly. In a completely isolated flow path, the process fluid flows through the BPCs counter-currently to the heating/cooling fluid within the plates. Once the BPCs are loaded in place, no further operator interaction is required.