Natoli Engineering now offers AIM™ Data Acquisition & Analytical Software for the Natoli NP-RD10A research and development tablet press. The combination of AIM™ Software and this R&D tablet press enables the researcher to evaluate formulation properties and identify potential tableting issues—including capping, lamination, sticking/picking, and tablet robustness—during the tablet development process. Plus, the software can optimize tablet tensile strength and lubrication for successful large-scale manufacturing production.
AIM™ Data Acquisition & Analytical Software for the NP-RD10A R&D tablet press:
- Saves time by getting projected data results from formulation changes during R&D
- Evaluates compaction properties of APIs and potential formulations
- Identifies potential tableting issues including capping, lamination, and sticking/picking
- Determines whether there is sufficient tablet tensile strength and lubrication
- Obtains data directly from the NP-RD10A tablet press
- Can generate data from a single tablet
- Helps evaluate mechanical properties of tablet material
- Generates easy-to-read reports
AIM™ Data Acquisition & Analytical Software saves time during the R&D process by getting projected tablet data from even minor formulation changes. It can generate data from a single tablet, allowing you to use a minimum amount of your formulation and therefore reduce R&D costs. The software measures and evaluates API mechanical properties including elastic recovery, brittleness, and plasticity and enables your research team to select the appropriate excipients and correct scale-up issues before large-scale manufacturing begins.
The software exports fill depth, main compression force and ejection force data, and tablet sequence number directly from the NP-RD10A tablet press. Data collected is stored and organized in the software database, allowing you to enter post-compaction tablet measurements for plotting tableting and formulation characteristics. Once the product formulation is analyzed, you can enter the Hausner ratio, compressibility index, and powder true density—storing this information for use with future tablet research.
Natoli AIM™ Data Acquisition & Analytical Software allows you to select from and export valuable data reports that can include the following information:
- Peak ejection and compression force data
- Post compaction data
- Dwell time
- Compression event contact time, rise time, and fall time