Biotechnology applications requiring large numbers of cells need a solution to support large-scale cell culture growth. Bioreactors are the solution for scale-up applications in process development, clinical trials, and large-scale cGMP biomanufacturing.
Thermo Fisher Scientific's single-use stirred-tank bioreactor is one of the most commonly used reactor types in the industry. Thermo Scientific Single-Use Bioreactors (S.U.B.s) are designed based on traditional stainless steel mixing principles while offering all the benefits of single-use systems, including lower start-up and implementation costs, reduced CIP/SIP, and greater scale-up flexibility. The bioreactors use single-use BioProcess Containers (BPCs) made with Thermo Fisher Scientific proprietary films and are specifically engineered for bioprocessing.
Single-Use Bioreactor Advantages : Efficient and proficient
Stand-alone S.U.B.s provide all the advantages of single-use bioprocessing without the need to buy a completely new bioreactor system. Our S.U.B. can be integrated with any controller system available in the market today. The S.U.B. combines elements of stirred-tank systems with the efficiencies in turnaround, cleanup, and validation found in single-use processing, while supporting scale-up needs and optimal cell growth, viability, and general metabolism.
The water jacket and resistive heater design allow faster heat-up and cool-down times, reducing process cycle time. Optional precision load cells and standard sight volume indicators allow you to keep your processes running efficiently.
- Brushless DC motor includes encoder feedback for improved RPM accuracy and is GFCI-compatible
- Upgraded resistive heater provides 2.25 W for faster heat-up time
- Bottom heater on resistive and water-jacketed systems increases heat transfer surface area
- 3/8 inch dimple jacket improves flow rate through the water jacket for higher performance temperature control
- Optional precision load cells monitor mass/volume accurately
- Graduated sight volume indicators accommodate visual volume references at a glance